ViraPath H&E Analysis detects epithelial regions, cells of the lumen and tumor in the tissues stained with Hematoxylin and Eosin (H&E). The areas of tumor cell nuclei and all the tumoral regions are calculated. Tumor cell nuclei are classified according to the pleomorphism criterion of Nottingham Histologic Grade.
Nottingham Histological Grade:
1) Glandular(Acinar)/Tubular Differentiation
- Score 1: >75% of tumor area forming glandular/tubular structures
- Score 2: 10% to 75% of tumor area forming glandular/tubular structures
- Score 3: <10% of tumor area forming glandular/tubular structures
2) Nuclear Pleomorphism
- Score 1: Uniform cells with small nuclei similar in size to normal breast cells
- Score 2: Moderate variability in nuclear size and shape
- Score 3: Marked variation in nuclear size and shape
3) Mitotic Count
- Score 1: 0-9 mitoses per 10 high power fields
- Score 2: 10-19 mitoses per 10 high power fields
- Score 3: > 20 mitoses per 10 high power fields
Tubule formation, nuclear pleomorphism, and mitotic count are separately evaluated between 1 and 3. Their sum reaches a total score ranging from 3 to 9.
Score 3 to 5: Grade 1
Score 6 to 7: Grade 2
Score 8 to 9: Grade 3
Virasoft takes the power of major technology companies and it is supported by expert pathologists in reputable university hospitals.